Focaccia with Semi-Dried Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Dough Rest Time: 24 Hours
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 8-12 Servings
Tools: Standard kitchen mixer, 9x13 sheet pan, pitcher, wooden spoon
Here at Wholesale Italian Food we LOVE a good Focaccia. We're talking about that nice crunch in each bite without sacrificing that light, fluffy interior. But how do you get that awesome crunch and still have that delicious interior?
While it may seem like a lot of work, our chefs have come up with an easy-to-follow recipe using only the best authentic, imported Italian ingredients for a delicious Focaccia you can make at home!
Let's get to it!
• Preheat oven to 450F
• Add the cups of Polselli Classica 00 Flour, packet of yeast, and sugar to the mixing bowl and blend on low speed
• Slowly stream in about 2/3 of the ice water to create a uniform dough. Add in 2-3 Ice cubes to help keep the dough cold as it mixes
• Increase mixer speed medium, and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. • Add any remaining water and add salt. Knead for 5 minutes. (If the dough is too sticky and isn’t pulling away from the sides of the bowl, add in an extra 1/4 cup flour while it is mixing.)
• Add Basso Extra Virgin Olive Oil and knead the dough an additional 2 minutes until the oil is fully incorporated. • Remove dough from the mixing bowl, and use your hands to shape it into a ball.
• Place dough ball into an oiled mixing bowl. Cover and let sit refrigerated for 24 hours.
• Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and let is come to room temperature for about 2 hours. • Prepare the dough. Gently poking dough to create air pockets. Shape the dough into pan while gently poking into place.
• Sprinkle dough evenly with Basso Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Rosemary needles and Salt. Top with Pronto Fresco Semi-Dried Red Rustic Roasted Tomatoes.
• Bake in a 450F pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the dough is slightly golden and cooked through.
• Remove from the oven, and drizzle with a little more olive oil if desired.
Cut. Eat. And Repeat.
And there you have it; a crisp, crunchy Focaccia crust with a light and fluffy center! Share with us your completed recipes over on our social pages!
Facebook: Wholesale Italian Food
translation missing: en.general.search.loading