With the long weekend coming up and summer right around the corner, we bet you're looking for a nice, sweet treat to beat the heat! Well, look no further as we show you how to make an easy Ice Cream with Basso Extra VirginOlive Oil!
You read that right; Olive oil! We know what you're thinking, the heat probably got to us, but we assure you this recipe will "WOW" your tastebuds! A delicious mix of salty and sweet that comes together for an incredible taste.
- Place your freezer dish and place it into the freezer overnight until ready to pour the final mixture into it!
- Take your small bowl, mix about 2 tbsp of whole milk with cornstarch to make a smooth slurry.
- In your medium bowl, add the room-temperature cream cheese and salt. Mix to remove all bumps until smooth.
- Using the large bowl, make an ice bath (with lots of ice!) and set it aside.
- Pour the cream, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla extract, and the rest of the milk into a 4-quart saucepan. On medium-high heat, bring to a boil for 4 minutes. It is crucial not to boil for more than 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in your cornstarch mixture.
- Return to stovetop and boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the mixture has thickened. This process will be about 1 minute or so. Remove from heat.
Leave a comment