Fall is one of our favorite times to cook! We love the spices of the season and coming up with new recipes for friends and family to enjoy. Just in time for fall, we're making a delicious and creamy pumpkin risotto. The best part? It's really easy to make.
Let's get started!
• 1½ cups Riso Scotti Arborio Rice
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1½ cups pumpkin purée
• 1 medium white onion, chopped
• ¾ cup dry wine
• 1½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
• 5 to 6 cups vegetable stock
• ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
• ½ cup pecans, roasted
• In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock for the risotto to a boil over medium heat. Keep the vegetable stock hot by reducing the heat to low.
• In a separate medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the onion.
• Add the rice and cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the onions are translucent.
• Add the wine and stir for another minute. Immediately stir in 1 cup of the hot stock and cook. Stir continuously until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
• Reduce the heat to moderate and add 3 cups of the hot stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring and cooking until each cup is almost absorbed before adding the next.
• Stir in the pumpkin purée. Continue adding the remaining 2 cups stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring and cooking as above, until the rice is tender. The risotto will be loose.
Share with us your completed recipes over on our social pages!
Leave a comment