One Pot Creamy Gnocchi with Semi-Dried Roasted Tomatoes (Vegan)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 4-5 Servings
Tools: Medium-large pot, spoon,
The test kitchen at WholesaleItalianFood.com is back and bringing you more delicious recipes for you and your family! Today, we experimented with a gnocchi pasta with semi-dried red rustic tomatoes that is completely vegan. Yes, even the meat lovers in the office enjoyed this dish!
It's no secret how much we love Greci Semi-Dried Rustic Tomatoes. They're juicier and hold more flavor than their cousin; the sun-dried tomato. They also make a great addition to your recipes and even as a topping on your salads!
Why do we love this recipe?
It's a great alternative to the typical gnocchi in red sauce. We also love that it can easily be made dairy-free or not!
Let's get started!
- - 2tbsp olive oil
- - 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- - 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- - 13.5oz full-fat coconut milk
- - 2tsp fresh lemon juice
- - 1tsp dried Italian seasoning
- - 1/3 cup Semi-Dried Roasted Tomatoes by Greci ProntoFresco
- - 1 pound Mariella Potato Gnocchi
- - salt & pepper, to taste
- - 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- - 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan, optional more for garnish
- - 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- - Heat your pot and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- - Pour in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, sun-dried tomatoes, and gnocchi. Give everything a good stir.
- - Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- - Add salt & pepper to taste, and stir in the spinach. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- - If using cheese, stir in the vegan parmesan. At this point, the gnocchi should be cooked through but not mushy, and the sauce thickened somewhat. Cook an additional minute or two if necessary.
- - Serve immediately garnished with extra vegan parmesan and fresh basil. Enjoy immediately for the best results.
- - You can substitute light coconut milk for a lighter option
- - You can use non-vegan parmesan cheese if desired
- - Optional, you can add some Calabrian Chili Flakes for some spice!
- - Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Add a little extra broth or water when reheating.
Share with us your completed recipes over on our social pages!
Facebook: Wholesale Italian Food