It all began in the 1970s, when Walter and Adolf Moser started to produce speck from their farm for family and friends. A year later, the brothers opened their company in Plaus, near Naturns/Naturno. And today, the second generation is carrying on the work. The special feature of the Moser family’s speck is the gentle smoking process. There is a growing preference amongst consumers for a less smoky speck, and it is precisely here that Moser differs from other producers. Moser’s competition is not the other Speck Alto Adige manufacturers, but the companies which produce cured hams. Moser produces three lines of speck: Speck Alto Adige PGI, “Moser Speck” and “Premium Number 1 Speck.” For some time now, they have also been producing a limited quantity of Speck Alto Adige from Parma ham pork thighs. These are larger than the standard size and the minimum curing period, at 8 months, is correspondingly longer. The limited quantity produced is extremely popular with gourmands and is sold instantly. “Turbo-boosted Speck Alto Adige,” the Moser family call it. The family’s line of organic Speck Alto Adige is also an interesting addition to their array: All the meat for this product is sourced exclusively from organic farms. Moser also benefits from another strong, strategic partner: Fratelli Beretta, Italy‘s largest family company in the meat.
- 5 lbs - WEIGHT VARIES +/- 1.0 lbs. at time of purchase
- Speck is a cured, lightly smoked ham. Although a close cousin to prosciutto crudo, speck is worthy of its own distinction when it comes to cured hams.
- Speck is boned out before being rubbed down with a cure laced with spices like juniper and bay leaves. Then it is smoked and aged. That spiced cure gives speck a deeper taste that's more intense than prosciutto di Parma.
- USDA KNOWLEDGE ARTICLE Dry-cured hams are shelf-stable. These uncooked hams are safe when stored at room temperature because they contain so little water that bacteria can't multiply in them. In dry curing - the process used to make country hams and prosciutto, fresh meat is rubbed with a dry-cure mixture of salt and other ingredients.
- This product will ship with ice packs in an insulated sleeve. The ice packs may melt during shipping however rest assured the product is dry-cured. We recommend putting the product in the refrigerator when it arrives
Thanks for shopping WholesaleItalianFood.com
It is our goal at WholesaleItalianFood.com to provide our partners with the easiest and most convenient ways to shop Imported Italian products while providing superior service and low prices. We believe our specially negotiated shipping rates is part of our service promise. Please see our Shipping Policy for all details.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT PALLET DELIVERY OPTIONS ARE NOT SUITED FOR HOME DELIVERIES. HOME DELIVERIES SHOULD CHOOSE UPS GROUND FOR BEST WAY.
What are the shipping terms and rates?
Please click here to see full shipping policy and rates.
We only ship with the US (Mainland). We ship through UPS on orders that will allow that (normally smaller volume orders under 50 lbs.) and we also provide a pallet LTL delivery service for orders that met those requirements (normally over 50 lbs. but a minimum dollar and case quantities may apply).
The shipping costs are based on both weight and your distance from our warehouse. Please choose from the several shipping options provided during checkout.
Our Direct2Door Pallet Program provides for the best shipping rates for all of our partners anywhere in the country. WholesaleItalianFood.com has one flat rate zone charge for all Pallet Shipments. No Minimums. No Maximums. Ship as much as you want for the same ship rate to your home zone. Please use the WholesaleItalianFood.com ship rates below:
- $150 - Zone 1 includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina.
$250 - Zone 2 includes Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Delaware, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas.
$350 - Zone 3 includes Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT PALLET DELIVERIES WILL BE SCHEDULED BY OUR TRANSPORTATION COMPANY. PALLETS ARE NOT SUITED FOR HOME DELIVERIES.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Most incoming orders that arrive by 2:00 pm EST will be shipped out on the next business day. Order processing will normally take up to 48 hours.
Please, always provide us with your phone number so that we can contact you regarding any issues that may arise concerning your order. To quickly expedite your order, we will try to contact you first by telephone. If we cannot reach you by telephone, we will contact you via email.
How can I track my order?
The Order Fulfillment email will contain your UPS tracking number or the LTL Carrier information. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us from the Contact Us Page or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our Shipping Policy for all details.
If you have any questions about your product delivery, quality or need to speak with us please email us at Customerservice@wholesaleitalianfood.com or
call us at Phone 1-888- 252- 5251
To become a Wholesale account with Wholesale Italian Food visit our application page!